Friday, October 24, 2008

WHY?????

I decided this past week that it was time to decorate my yard for Halloween before the day came and went. Plus one of my dear friends who's name I won't say told me last week that it wasn't like me not to have decorations out. So i called up Jenny Stephens who was so nice to let me come and get the corn stalks from her garden, then I went up to Gails for the pumpkins and I headed home all excited to decorate. I got all done and thought this looks good but i just need something else so while I was at the store I spotted this cute little pumpkin that would look so cute on the hay bale next to the scarecrow so I bought it, came home and placed it and might I say it looked just right. Well last night I had to go to a Enrichment Night Committee meeting, and on the way home at the bottom of my street was this smashed up pumpkin and I thought oh how sad then it hit me I am the only one on the street right now with pumpkins out. Yep you guessed it, there lay my cute little round pumpkin smashed to pieces. WHY do kids think this is so fun to do? I was so mad and I am not sure why it's just a silly little pumpkin. So last i decided that I will replace it but this time it will be plastic.

1 comment:

Holly said...

I will never, ever, ever, ever understand the mentality of it being fun to destroy other people's property. I remember having this huge crush on a guy in Jr. High, until one day I found out he and his friends had been out smashing pumpkins. That was enough for me, and I had no interest ever again! So sorry Tams, that's really dumb.