Friday, July 3, 2009

My Daughter!!!

On Wednesday Kaylene and I got off work and headed to into Salt Lake to the Gateway. We did our shopping then headed home, on our way home we were listening to KBULL 93 and all of a sudden Kaylene heard the sound of the contest that they were having so she texted them and you had to be the 930th text in. So she texted and we didn't think any thing of it. Then all of a sudden she says KBULL is calling me, she answers the phone and she was the 930th text! The contest was to pick a concert between Kenny Chesney and George Strait and then they would flip a coin and she would say either heads or tails, and if she got it right, she would get the tickets. Well the DJ didn't know how to do the contest so he said Kenny tickets if it lands on heads and George tickets if it was tails. Long story short she won George Strait concert tickets.

She gets off the phone and I can hardly believe that she had just won tickets to a concert that I was dying to go to.

So then the next day she tells me that she really isn't a fan of George Strait and that she thinks it would be more fun for me if I just took a friend with me. I thought WOW what a sweet girl she is to win these tickets and then just hands them over and not go.

So on July 17th Tammy Clayton and I will be going to the concert. I am so exited I can hardly stand it. I have been a George Strait fan for a long time, and it's hard to believe that I am actually going to see him. I will take tons of pics and post them later. I am just so excited that I wanted to tell you about it now.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow! Kaylene must be living right. Those are pretty high odds. What a nice daughter to let you and Tammy go. We love you guys.

Anonymous said...

how crazy! i was listening that day! lol