Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Day After

Well the wedding is over, and i am in such a funk! I really don't know why i feel like this, but i just feel so depressed, even though i am so happy for Reese Jay and Beccie. The wedding was so beautiful, the day was really long but worth every minute of it. We had so many friends that came and showed their support and we want to thank all of them for that. I saw friends that i haven't seen in years and it was so nice to see them and catch up with what's been happening in their lives. Later that night after everyone had gone home there was only a couple of us left and the music was still playing, Wally (her dad) went up to Beccie and asked her to dance it was so sweet. He then took her by the hand over to Reese Jay and handed her to him to dance with. Oh my gosh i thought i was going to lose it but i did't. I was very proud of myself that i didn't cry all day. ( well except i did cry after they were sealed together) After the dance was over I went over and gave Beccie a hug and we both just started to cry. It was a great day and i am so glad that i can now call Rebecca Nielsen my daughter-in-law.

The kids are leaving on their honeymoon in the morning. They are flying to Miami and then on Saturday they will board the ship and cruise the eastern carribian. They'll be home on the 26th.

3 comments:

Ryan and Mandi said...

You did so great through the whole wedding! I'm extremely impressed. And you're right, you have an amazing daughter-in-law!! Thank you for having us there. Especially at the temple. It was such a beautiful thing to witness, and we were so happy to be a part of it! Love you!

Holly said...

What a beautiful, happy, wonderful, perfect day! Thank you so much for making us a part of it! We are working on making them a video of their day, got some really great footage I hope they will be able to enjoy for years to come!

Ambler Fam said...

Just so you know I am major offended I wasn't even invited..... to the reception!